View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo, loramin, u got any favorite tidbits of EQ lore?
Every Kraddok video ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aside from that though, not really. Personally I find most of the EQ lore boring/derivative. It's a bit fun when someone (like Kraddok) explains it, but it's not nearly cool enough to make me put in effort to learn it.

Also, BTW I looked at the Shawl quests again (it's been awhile since I did them), and you're right: there's not a lot of lore to them (I was remembering things like the prayer to brell part, or finding that scout dwarf, which were fun and unique aspects of the quest ... but there's only barely any story involved).

There's a bit more story to the other two "Velious epic quests" (eg. Spirit of Garzicor tells the story of Garzicor), but not that much. I'm actually starting to come around more to your point of view: compared to the stories in the epic quests in Kunark ... or even just some of the stupid quests in classic/Kunark ... Velious does seem kinda light on lore.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.