View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is the proof of strength not increasing hate on a per swing basis? I beleive the hate was from some mathematical average of potential damage which should be higher with higher strength.

The current logic for eqemu generating white noise agroe is in this file I believe (in the Client::Attack function, which rogean has edited).

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...one/attack.cpp

I don't have any reason to believe this is different on p99 in the relevant places.

Lines 1434 through 1520 (specifically lines 1435 and 1479) show how white noise hate is fixed per swing as Weapon Damage + DmgBonus for melee classes.

There is a little bit of extra logic for modifying hate in the eqemu code if you are using a shield or the ExtraAttackOptions parameter has been set to do a higher percent or flat amount of damage. But I don't believe your strength effects the ExtraAttackOptions parameter. Also you get hate for "elemental damage" per swing in the emulator source, which i guess is some kind of gross thing weapons get on live.
Last edited by Dillusional; 04-11-2019 at 12:33 PM..