View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenshu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because This is not making any kind of profit off of the playerbase unless the playerbase decides to click the ads. If He charged you money to use this thing then you would have a reason to complain. It's 100% free to use and 10000x more useful than anything on the P99 wiki when it comes to auctions.
Not true. However Ads work, if they didn't generate incoming, they would not be hosted. It does not matter if that is because ads pay for being loaded, or because every nth visitor clicks em. And the hoster of the auctiontracker uses project 1999 content that he does not own to get visitors to his site.

Therefore he is making money off the project 1999 server (and the players') data and thus my original question.

Edit: Furthermore, he bullies everyone into disabling Adblocker if they want to use the site, which is as you correctly pointed out, the only site offering the service.

I don't mind a website like this generating revenue by Ads, for example, but then it should be hosted by the owners of the server, and the revenues should go to them.

As I see it, a 3rd party hosting this is just as bad as playerauctions.com profiting off trades on our server.