View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove
I've done a clean install on 3 different computers and still had an issue though so its not the luclin models. Plus ive been playing all day with them on. Its just if i log out i have to try many many times to get back in. Quote.

Oh if you were successfully playing for some time and logged off / closed eq without crashing, combined with your mention of all 3 pcs having issues: I greatly suspect that the issue lies in
A: the manner in which you are installing or running the game is causing an issue. ( could be a bad titanium install prior to patch or files that need to be deleted were not deleted or if on win10 the directory in which it's installed ) win10 has read write issues for some programs depending on what directory they're loacted in.
B: your router or modem is the issue causing the specific path for p99 server to not be reached or loss of data transmitted or ( going back to the stupid win10 permissions thing ) win 10 is blocking or putting your lan/wifi card into sleep mode of low power mode.

I personally have a failing hard drive and due to the increased delay in read/write it takes me several attempts at login before the servers will populate.

However I have also experienced this same issue when my pc was left idle for some time and I tried eq first thing when I returned ( lan was in low power mode )
I had to load up p99 forum pages to get it to work again.

Also same issue happens when there is a "traffic jam" on my ISP (e.x. fiber cable gets damaged and all traffic has to be crammed into a different line.)

Edit: additionally my RL friend claims he runs into the same issue if trying to run eq while the game folder is on his desktop. Something about win10 permissions. He has to keep it on c: root directory and not in any other foldees.
Last edited by Puluin; 06-16-2019 at 08:47 PM..