View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had that one halfling face hi-res for like 3 or 4 years and I couldn't remember how/why that was so, so I guess I DL'd a really early release of this and forgot?
That would've been from Chebby's texture package from 2013 - I think Nysus/Xevin did the faces in that pack, but it was only four human male and one halfling male face. All have been replaced with Sornfaces™ in EQ Classic HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like I'm rather consistently crashing on zone (30% of the time) since installing this. Anyone else experiencing? My full-fledged PC should be way more than enough to handle a small texture upgrade - plenty of RAM available, GTX 780, etc.
The Titanium client suffers from memory bloat which cumulatively adds up the longer you play, which is why the more times you zone or switch characters the higher the chance is that you'll end up crashing as it writes more and more data into memory. And your physical memory makes no difference - whether you have 2 GB or 32 GB of onboard RAM, the client will throw an exception and crash to desktop all the same once it gets near 2 GB (roughly 1.8 GB) of memory usage, due to being a 32-bit application.

So this is a problem that has always existed in Titanium, and you'll experience it regardless of which textures you're using, though you'll experience it more often if you install the high-resolution Trilogy textures or other upscaled/custom textures. Our textures are more client-friendly than the 4x upscaled "realistic but better clarity" package that Chebby released in 2013 because we've converted a bunch of stuff to DDS, which decompresses in real-time much more efficiently due to mipmapping, therefore using less overall memory.

We did have some crashing while zoning issues early on in development when zoning between certain memory-intensive zones such as TT/EJ, which we were able to solve via DDS compression, so it is possible Cabilis or its surrounding zones are another culprit. Will have to do some testing to figure out if it's a real issue though.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 09-08-2017 at 11:07 PM..