View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dems-n...ity-clearances

OK now this one sounds like the government is restricting peoples freedom of speech.
There shouldn't need to be a bill for this. It should be a normal part of the vetting process. I went through the process and Qanon conspi*racists (haha) wouldn't likely make the cut.

I believe this is because a lot of people got waivers from the executive branch after getting denied clearance. So it's a legislative check against like Kushner getting daddy or that Greene chick.

Tbqh I think it's to narrow and specific a legislation and pretty dumb. More of a gesture or symbolic thing. They want to point to Republicans who vote against it and call them qanons. It's legislation designed to fail and make a ruckus. It's idiotic legislation imo.

I wasn't allowed to make any kind of political posts when I served in 01. I had to remain apolitical and only say specific things to reporters.

As far as senators go, they can say and believe whatever they want, but they don't have the right to get a clearance if they are idiots. Who shouldn't have one.

There's usually more restrictions that come with actually being granted the clearance and sometimes an NDA, like if its deets on weapon tech like an apache choppers electronics.

Also clearance is compartmentalized and managed, you don't get clearance to see everything. And you don't get to walk around with hardcopies. Or tell people without clearance what u learn.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-22-2021 at 12:53 PM..