View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpeter88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started a Bard as my first guy on p99. I've got about 100 platinum to my name. What kind of weapon should I go for?
If you are planning on melee'ing then the PGT mentioned above is a very good low price twinky proc weapon.

If you had some plat to burn there are some good lvl 1 proc weps that you could buy that make the low lvls much easier, but they are all much more than 100pp.

It honestly won't matter much though...by the time you could find the weapon you're looking for you could have level'd up and bought more useful stuff. Bard melee dps is horrid, 90% or more of your utility is through your songs which means you need a good drum and lute.

Bard is one of my favorite classes because (aside from some twinking and fashion quest) your effectiveness is really about playing the right way, and not about your gear. Right song line ups, twisting beneficial and detrimental songs, kiting, etc. The difference between good bards and bad bards is all about how they play.