View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Dont (Solist) and Bayleigh were inspirations on Green when I was leveling my Cleric in classic.

They did a lot of crazy shit.

My Human Inny Cleric was not max CHA, and I never ended up needing it with my play style, but for those who prefer the duo/solo style of cleric, it makes a big difference.

Later on (Kunark+), I would say it's more irrelevant because it's trivial to carry a strong CHA set for when you need it. Those who already rolled max CHA for Classic weren't screwed, but it wasn't as relevant.

In regards to the chanter versus the cleric breaking camps... you're both right. I'd much rather send a cleric in with 2 DAs to break a room full of HT mobs and have the chanter peel them off with AE CC, etc. than risk a crit pull on the chanter and a lengthy rez/reset.

However for breaking non-HT rooms, the chanter is the no-brainer choice for most clerics. I would say that since Solist already had the CHA it just made more sense for them to jump into that role since they were comfortable with it, but it's definitely not "objectively the better way to do it" -- depends on your play style.