View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Ok, so I did my final test on Captain N'Farre, gate guard lvl 50, to determine if there was a "level" component to the crit resist check. Again, there is DEFINITELY a level component in that level controls resists, and more resists is more chances to crit resist, but I wanted to rule out that mob level was also a component of the crit resist chance, ie basically a double penalty for lulling high level mobs.

Another 200 attempts on the captain above at 200 CHA, and I got 17 crit resists, or 8.5%. As a comparison, I got a 7% rate (or 15 crit resists overall) on my earlier test vs a lvl 61 mob. This is remarkably consistent, and based on this data I would say mob level has no impact on the chance to generate a crit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is like all the other stats in EQ we wont be so lucky with a linear progression as opposed to random ass increases at random ass point values! Lol, this post is incredible though
This is true, 200 is somewhat arbitrary! I mean doesn't cha for vendor prices cap out around 130ish? I am now officially 100% sick of mashing the lull button and trying to not get splattered by a couple of gate guards so I will not be testing anymore, but it is very feasible!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer