View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandamwtc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like the CPU jumps way up. goes from about 25% to well north of 70 to over 80% in game. Any ideas why?
Sounds more like a driver/hardware issue assuming you're not running a 1997 Packard Bell or something. If you aren't bottlenecked by your CPU then your GTX 560 should be able to handle zerg raids with logs and spell effects on, etc.

1. Try disabling any antivirus incl Windows Defender, though I doubt that's the problem. Most third-party antivirus apps are exceptionally shitty and hog tons of resources. Basically the only one I trust beyond Windows Defender is Avast.

2. Reinstall GPU drivers: use Display Driver Uninstaller if you're lazy - reboot into safe mode, run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, select your GPU manufacturer and click "Clean and restart". After restarting, run it again and click "Update Display Driver".

3. Run a hard drive diagnostic scan via your firmware's boot select or use Seatools - just do all the Seatools scans, if any of them fail then your hard drive's days are numbered. If scans pass, load command prompt with administrative privileges and run "chkdsk /f" and "sfc /scannow" on all drives/partitions.

4. If still shitty FPS, do a new P99 install from scratch.