Thread: Wizard Races
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE, no doubt. Erudites have more int but it makes no diff since it’s so easy to max out INT. Even in Classic you can easily get past 200 int.

Hide has its uses for AFK but ultravision is INSANELY good, erudites are bloody blind at night.

Faction makes zero difference. You can port to Gfay and bank in Felwithe as an Erudite I guess but Nek isn’t too bad either.

I can’t recommend the wizard class though.

- You pretty much need Jboots for quadding.
- Quadding is hard to do in Classic when few locations work and are ever free and besides, druids even do it better for now.
- You suck in groups even if you can find one
- You can’t solo dungeons for shit
- Poor open world plat farmer and ports bring in poor money for most portions of the day
- Epic is hard to get
- Monotonous gameplay with almost no interesting abilities

+ Great AFK leveler, just look at your computer every 7-12 min.
+ Ports are convenient
+ Braindead no think-gameplay for max chillax

-Can easily do SoW pots, either way, just MQ it for 5-7k
-Depends on your timezone I think, but yes Kunark will open up more opportunities
-I enjoy group play - am I highly replaceable? yes. However, rooting/stunning/snaring/debuffing/evaccing can definitely make a difference in a group.
-Won't debate that one lol
-I see wizzys doing HGs, not to mention a lot of guards are good dough
-Yes
-Monotonous gameplay, refer to previous posts about how to contribute to a group effectively - however, if you do go the monotonous route, it does lend to it being a very casual/low key/little stress gameplay. Even with being an active contributor, i enjoy the flexibility to micro-AFK because well... real life happens.

It's far from being the most OP class in the P99 timeline - however, with a little creativity, like other underplayed classes - it can be fun and provide group (and especially raid) value.