View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbparden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not have my epic and my gear is stuff that I could buy in the tunnel or scale stuff that dropped in KC. Soooo....what can I realistically expect to be able to do as far as camping mobs? For instance mobs in Chardok or Seb?
First off, I assume you mean solo, but don't forget about groups. With Torpor you should be fairly in demand for King/Fungi Tunic groups for instance, or for Guardian Wurm duos/trios (for Torpors to sell for plat).

But solo-wise, you can't do the really hard stuff without an epic, and probably some more gear too (don't go trying to solo WW dragons or Lodizal or anything ... I wouldn't even try to solo Seb Crypt). But I would think you could do (say) NG in Seb.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide has lots of other ideas (you'll pretty much want to start at the bottom and scroll up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbparden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also what roles do Torpor Shamans play in a guild raid setting? Are they healing and buffing or standing there taking a beating while others kill the mobs? We have all seen the videos of Shamans single handedly slaying dragons.
Heh, on guild raids you are not a one man army. You definitely do buff, though that tends to be at the start of the raid. After that, your primary purpose is usually slowing, with malo/malosi being second. But if you have Torpor your group will 100% expect you to keep them alive, even if you have a Cleric (the Cleric will be focused on your tanks).

I'd say, join a guild, try raiding, and find out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://wiki.project1999.com/Blue_Guilds#Raid_Guilds is a great place to start, and probably all of those guilds will have people who can give you tips on how to be a good raider. Listen and learn!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.