View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that's a bit of an argument in favor of Knights. They indeed CAN solo and, if still quite poorly, it's far more efficient than a Warrior or Rogue. SK can fear kite and Pally can flatout heal himself.

Knights also happen to carry a massive experience penalty. Allowing Warriors/Rogues to approach even that meager level of "very poor soloability" as opposed to the "non-viable soloability" of the pure-melees would be a bit ridiculous (even in terms of EQ's already-ridiculous balance)
Totally, and even in a "classic+" environment I think it should stay that way (hybrids should solo better than straight melee). But the great thing about combat bind wounds (mechanically) was that both could benefit from it, right? Maybe Paladins a bit less, but even they could use it.

I think any sort of "class+ melee solo enhancement" would need to "lift all (melee) boats", making it easier (but still not easy) for both straight melee and hybrids to solo, while still keeping hybrids better at it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.