Thread: LAN party time!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Orc

Default LAN party time!

I've got a group of friends that I've been leveling with for the past month or so. I'm looking to host a LAN party for us so that we can all play in the same room.

Of course this will call for an IP-limit exemption for 4 people, which might raise some eyebrows on the petition forum. I only need the exemption for a day.

I've not put in a petition yet. I haven't been around long enough to get a feel for how the admins feel about such a request. If they're cool with simply giving the 4 of us an exemption so we can LAN when we feel like it, awesome.

If I can only get the exemption for a day, I'm wondering how long people think I need to give the admins notice to fulfill the petition (I'm wondering what admins think too!). If they grant them on a next-day basis, I can organize the troops first. If its a mutli-week queue of petitions for those poor souls, I should try to get a petition in the queue before my friends and I manage to organize a date. That way the petition would be partially handled beforehand.