Thread: Beginner Class
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 04:17 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't worry about easiness or simplicity. Rather, I'd advise picking a class that's powerful and versatile and has options.

On a wizard, if you run out of mana, you're done. You zone, Gate, or die. On a mage, if your pet dies, you're down to zone/gate/die or hopefully you have a root net or a WC cap or some Serpent's Blood Potions (actually a wizard should have those too lol). That's why I don't feel great about recommending either of those classes to a new player. Those classes just have no recourse. Is that "easy"? Too unforgiving imo. I really enjoyed my wizard on Blue, but I definitely knew what I was getting into.

In contrast:
Enchanter, bard, necromancer, shaman, and druid have crowd control abilities that let you recover from mistakes. Oops, I got two enemies when I tried to engage one! Root or mez or charm one and you're back on track. Now, that's actual "easy." Plus, they can solo or group.

Cleric, rogue, and war/pal/SK contribute a lot to a group (while technically soloable, they're not on the level of the solo all-star classes). I suppose magicians do, too, in terms of DPS; and wizards in the form of burst damage and stuns and roots.

Where was I? Oh right. For a player who is "most interested in grouping with other players and getting to experience dungeons," my top pick would be a cleric or enchanter.

Cleric - any group of any level will want a cleric. And they're not just heal-bots, either. They have root, stuns, memblur in the form of atone, invis versus undead, lull/pacify, fear, nukes, and more. Cleric play involves some periods of intense action, saving lives and stuff, so it should provide some adrenaline; but it also involves a lot of sitting, so you can ask (and answer) questions and get to know people. my 2 copper

Enchanter - learn how lull works, learn to CC using mez and/or root, get some charisma gear and get used to managing a pet (charm something that won't obliterate you at first)...lots of info on the Wiki and from these forums' denizens.
Last edited by Videri; 02-15-2021 at 04:20 AM..