Thread: Home Ownership
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, when it comes to roommate selection before buying a home, it’s best to look to either co-workers, friends, or family that you already know and trust to be reliable, rather than randoms from the internet

My friend/co-worker only had randoms from the internet as roommates in his condo. Multiple ones started to be late with payments, then miss payments “sorry man it’s been a hard month, can I just pay you next month?”, and then that same excuse came next month. So he had to evict them because you can’t just legally say get the F out

Then he described what he thought was the dream scenario, finding an attractive (his standards are pretty low tho) single girl his age who moved in. They eventually started hooking up. Shortly thereafter she said to him “ok since we’re a couple now I don’t think I should have to keep paying full rent, or any rent really”. To which he replied “we’re not a couple and I need the money or can’t pay the mortgage”. So she replied “oh ok we’re not a couple”, then stopped hooking up with him and started (loudly) hooking up with other guys in his condo when he was there

So based on his horror stories, I only went after co-workers, friends, or family for roommates with all good experiences [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hooked up with my wife and had two kids so now I gotta spend a bunch of money on a bigger house.