View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

You'll run into two and a half problems. First, your accuracy isn't exactly going to be great as you level due to the low Archery skill cap. Second, the mid-level Shadow Knight pets are garbage. The level 30 and especially the level 39 pets are terrible. The half problem is that Shadow Knights can't use the Summon Arrow bracer, so as the miss rate piles up keeping sufficient arrows on you starts to gobble up excessive amounts of bag space.

Long story short, Archery is mainly used to carry the class to 22 when the Shadow Knight gets Engulfing Darkness and fear-kiting becomes truly useful. Using archery past then serves little point except to say you did or possibly to whittle down that rare outdoor named. You can solo most any non-summoning and non-casting creature via that type of method just like most any kiting class can, but it's slow and uses a great many arrows. Ordinary fear-kiting will typically grant you faster experience per hour unless by some odd happenstance you wind up with a godly bow while using some awful melee weapon.

Get Blood Ember gauntlets; they click a snare at level 45. It's a big help when you're kiting something for a long time and don't have time to meditate much. Shadow Knight snare doesn't last terribly long, so even if you happen to wind up with a Skydarkener, trying to quad would mean constantly running from full-speed packs. It's possible, hypothetically, but doesn't strike me as a fun time.

You REAAALLY want to stick with this? Get to 60 then try to solo Ice Burrowers in West Wastes. They're yellow /con to 60 and have a lot of hit points, but they move slow, can be snared, and don't summon or cast--their AE effect is a melee proc. I've duo'd those before with a Monk and it might be possible to solo them (not sure if you'd out-damage their regen or not) but I don't have the patience.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 07-04-2016 at 04:11 PM..