View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I don't think it's that hard to farm 300K, although it isn't exactly easy. That's 6 fungi tunics, for example, or about 100 hours at the spore king while 75% AFK doing house work. It all depends what your idea of fun is.
I don't want to start an argument, but I don't think your numbers are wholly realistic on that one. I would love to see a breakdown of your math though. 27 minute respawn, what is the % chance it is King instead of PH, what is the % chance it drops a fungi, and how many people in your group all rolling (guessing 3). Of course, all that is assuming King is open and you have your group the moment you log in and start playing...which in itself is unrealistic. Add clear-ins, hiccups, recoveries, and all the rest of that normal EQ stuff....you get what I'm saying.

I'm going to throw out a guestimate that the average of "decent" (not elite / pro) cash camps to be about 2k / hour. Sure, people do better....but a lot of other people out there will do worse (for a long time I was perfectly happy making 1k / hr at NG only killing 3 bugs, breaking / calming the Krup roamer pet, and going AFK for 18 minutes in the safe spot corner).

I'm on the lower end of skill / knowledge when it comes to P99 player. The server is my first and only EQ experience. I cannot imagine amassing 300k in 100 hours doing Fungi King. I'm a mediocre enchanter at best but I'd love some more options for solo plat farming myself.