View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Default Starting to warm up to idea of Green but what class?

At first when I read about the Green server I was like "no thanks, I'll stick with Blue". Everyone kept telling horror stories about how day one will be an over crowded fight for each snake and skeleton that pops, items being perma-camped by people passing it back and forth to thier friends (so no one else can ever get it unless your in the clicke), ect. I never even heard of a mana stone until I started reading green server threads.

But then I remembered something. I missed both big launches. I missed the March 99 launch of EQ and I missed the launch of project 99. I was introduced to the original EQ in late October of 2000 so when I started Kunark was out and Velious was only a month away from being released. I was late to the show and missed the initial progression.

With Project 99 I didn't even hear about it until late 2017 or early 2018 so I was way late to this party. And again this meant I started playing with Kunark and Velious already out and a fully established raiding scene and economy.

But now I do actually get the chance to start from day one and progress for the first time. I just don't know what class to play. I want to make one and stick with it from 1-60 with no alt distractions.

I love the Druid. First class I played in both live EQ and P99. Easy to solo, east to make PP at higher levels and porting is so convenient.

I also love the Cleric. Best healer in the game, very welcomed to groups and guilds and a class I am very good at.

But maybe I should try something different. Definately not a hybrid cause of the XP penalty. I might enjoy a Warrior as a change of pace from pure casters or maybe a Mage to try a pet class.

Between those 4 (Druid, Cleric, Warrior, Mage) which would you choose and why?
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Last edited by kaluppo; 08-29-2019 at 09:15 PM..