Thread: Is <TSS> Gone?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, straight /ran for everything is tough I think. Hard to keep people invested if they don't have some control over if/when they can get some loot. Long as it's run fairly, DKP is a better system which distributes loot more fairly imo.
Meh, P99 already has a bunch of those types of guilds thaand they're pretty much exactly the same as each other except for name. Doesn't need more. If a guild wants to pay me currency it's welcome to pay me dollars. I won't accept worthless company scrip. As such I won't join or remain in a DKP guild on general principle. I'll take /random in preference to a Gilded Age-style company town every time. I didn't realize TSS used straight /random. That makes me like them. Should my present guild ever happen to fold maybe I'll have to say "hi" to 'em.

Member churn outside of a stable core is reality for most any guild on P1999. At the lower- and middle-tiers you lose folks as they develop the pixel sixkness and decide to join the top guilds. At the top you have the usual burnout meat grinder that ultimately drives a lot of players off P1999 so they're always looking for new recruits.

Danth