View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is saying "you should have as much fun on green as you did on teal." They're saying "stop arguing for the staff to change their project to cater to your interests with lies and exaggerations and personal wishes."
I disagree: they're saying both.

You and I have both been here a long time. We've seen MANY newcomers be confused about this place ... for instance wanting Luclin, or other things that will never happen.

Those newcomers are "fish in a barrell". They're easy to mock, because they're ignorant and wrong about most things.

But in our haste to "correct" the newbies, it doesn't stop at "this place is about classic, please respect that". It turns into a dogpile on those people when they express any idea, no matter how legitimate ... because again it's easy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone went and found / count all data from classic era ...
But this thread was NEVER about classic: y'all went and made it about that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It was about fun, and if classic is fun for you, great! But the moment you push "classic" as the only thing anyone can even talk about, you're NOT just talking about your own fun, you're pushing your definition of it on others.

And that's exactly my point. No one can even say "I like or don't like ___" without a bunch of people dogpiling on them for it ... especially if there's anything wrong with their "argument", but even if there isn't (if they're just a crappy "forum warrior").

We already have umpteen million threads of "seasoned forum warriors" arguing over what is or isn't classic (re: Green/Teal or anything else): we truly didn't need one more argument over it. And those arguments aren't just harmless: their cost is that they prevent any of us from hearing a whole lot of voices ... exactly the voices I was trying to let be heard in this poll.

So ultimately what I'm saying is, when you shout others down ... when you "forum warrior" them in to wishing they'd never said anything ... you silence them and anyone reading who might have thought of posting. A healthy amount of that happens here: it's certainly not all bad. But maybe it's not all good either, and maybe it's worth occasionally hearing from the people who aren't seasoned forum warriors?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-08-2020 at 12:57 PM..