View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you please explain how they are immolating servers down? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They create an atmosphere and context where only the min-maxing/neckbeard mentality can thrive. Anyone who dares to propose an alternate approach to playing EQ is flamed/trolled/rules-lawyered.

They see EQ as a King-of-the-Hill game; it's only fun if they're on top and keeping other people down.

We like to play EQ for the content, and we feel that p99's classic EQ is an amazing recreation of that content, unmatched anywhere. We feel that classic EQ was already time-consuming enough in the way it was designed, and on a fresh server with no twinks it was actually a lot of fun to tackle on that level-appropriate content on Teal.

Most of the trolls on this thread (and threads like this) who keep talking about going off the beaten path and creating your own groups and how they went to so-and-so zone and had no issue are all hypocrites who already have at least 1 minmax toon guised/manastoned/fullrubied.

On Teal's last night, it was a Saturday night and I was in a full group in the CY in Mistmoore. There were other groups camping CE, GY and the pond. 2-3 people were at the zone in with the lfg tag up. It was close to 30 people in zone total (or completely dead and in dire need of a merge according to the forum trolls).

Over the course of almost 3 hours (I was lucky the wife was out of town and had a lot of time to play), we were killing and having conversations and laughing, we also had a ranger so lots of ranger jokes, and we were able to get lucky and get some of the nameds. We killed Dhamph 2-3 times, Lasna once, Xicotl once (single pulled with a charmed garg taking the HT, it was beautiful), and Garton once too. An HBC and a diamondine earring dropped. The ranger got the earring, and one of the druids won the cloak. I walked away with less than a yellow of xp (lvl 40 hell and bard) and zero loot.

It was probably the most fun I had on EQ in years, and I remember telling the group how much I loved Teal and how perfect it was and how much that group was fun and how they were all on my friend list now and how I couldn't wait to play again.

So the next day Teal was gone. When I logged into MM, there were only a dozen people in zone. There was a trio at pond, a duo at GY, a lvl 50 mage camping dhamp, a lvl 50 chanter camping lasna/xicotl, a lvl 49 necro camping princess, and 2-3 other people /anon not responding to CC's or /tells.

I logged off and haven't logged back in since that day. I keep lurking the forums and I see the steady decline in population since the merge... like a fire slowly but surely consuming itself and becoming less and less bright.

I know it's going to be near-impossible for a min-maxer to understand how someone can have fun without winning any pixels, and then will jump at the chance to point out that when the pixels were no longer available to win I didn't want to play anymore so it must have been only about the pixels...

(this is already too long, sorry)

cheers,

Astuce