Thread: Leveling 55+
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great list, I'll add some suggestions as well.

- Seafuries is still the fastest exp to 57 you're going to find solo, I know it slows down, but it slows down everywhere. Stick it out if you can. It's great money too; approximately 300p an hour.

- City guards work fine until 56, then they stop being worthwhile.

- Skyfire mountains is decent at 55 and 56, but there is a learning curve to soloing there ( Pro tip: bring fire resist, 170 is what you need, plus you'll need it later )

- The goal is to hit 57 for Greater Vocaration: Earth, even nerfed this is the spell that will get you to 60 solo. Once you hit 57 two fantastic options open up.

- Brownies in Lfay - These are hard to split since you always get two the first time, the trick is to instant click refresh Scars of Sigil in your first gem slot to burn one down quickly, then summon a new pet to finish the second mob. Don't forget to dispel the Brownies or your pet will die to DS too quickly. This camp is excellent for 59.

- Lava Duct Crawlers in Solb - You will need 170 Fire resist and 150 Magic resist for this camp, this may seem daunting but it's not as hard as you think. The seafury money will help here. There is also a steep learning curve, finding out which pathers move where and how to handle to inevitable two pull you need to do to break the Stone Spider room. If the Stone Spider is up when you get there, don't bother. But otherwise you can solo six LDC's every 20 minutes. The Stone Spider is another animal, but totally doable with chain petting.

Good luck!
These are great ideas! However, I'm curious about Skyfire mention: did you really get decent XP there?

I've tried that zone many times over the years (both here and on live); between the hassle of pulling, the mountains of hit points on the mobs, and the low ZEM, it's always been worse XP than any other option.

So, I'm not trying to call you a liar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I'm just wondering: did you kill a few mobs there and not really compare/contrast it to other options, or did you actually spend hours there camping, and you actually got decent XP (eg. because maybe it has somehow gotten better)?

Honestly I hope it's the latter, as it's always felt like such a waste of a zone to me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.