View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Problem with helm turn ins, is if you are KoS you wont get faction for turn in, you also just simply wont be able to get to chamberlain without help. Dain faction is a bitch, the messenger quest only rewards something like +6 faction, to go from max KoS to dub with that quest alone would take god knows how long, its quicker to do the velium pick axe quest in thurg by pulling the dude in the mines to the NPC at the bar , snaring him camping and repeating the quest over and over again, but that quest only rewards + 1 fction per turn in (which could be about every 3 -5 seconds if you have the small brick of velium). Trust me I most recently had a stint with raising dain faction out of KoS, i researched everything tried everything and needed to raise it before KT would pop.

Outside of waiting for KT every week, or waiting for a group to pull his throne room the best way to get yourself out of KoS faction is as I said before helm turn ins by the following

- have self invis (if ur not an invis class then bring a shit ton of charged ring of shadows or whatever clickie u have)
- have atleast two people (one must be factioned)
- Invis urself and run to top of zone where chamberlain is. with an arrow and from the side stair hallway pull chamberlain and run your ass to thurg zoneline.
- Have your factioned friend parked at the zoneline or anywhere between the first stairwell and zoneline, and when chamberlain / the whole damn zone reaches your friend, zone out dumping all aggro.
- now its your friends job to continuously hail chamberlain as he makes he way back to his spawn point. He has to hail lock him in the stairwell at the precise point where he hasnt made the final turn to head to the next floor and you can turn in helms to him out of line of sight against the wall of the stairs.
- you will now have to continuously turn in 4 helms at a time and when you have 4 helms in trade window invis up and press GIVE.
- The idea is to turn in your helms while out of sight as to not aggro, and then GIVE him the helms and receive faction while INVISED. The only way to get faction if u are KoS is to be invis because it offers you indifference to the chamberlain.

If done right this is the best way to get yourself out of KoS.

Helm turn ins offer the best faction return of any quest out there. If u dont want to wait for KT, or any of his throneroom guards and named NPCs, this is what you have to do.

Also, I dont really like giving information like this out but, the path from 4 way to EW in kael and vice versa is full of low level easy to kill giants that have some of the better chances of dropping Giant Helms. As a 60 you can steamroll through them without breaking a sweat. and they are hardly ever camped. You can go from EW up to the front of platehouse through the tunnel down to fourway and when you're done clearing they will have just started spawning back at EW. Its also a great way to faction through kills.
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 01-15-2019 at 03:55 PM..