View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing is in game its bright then any video I make its really dark. I cant figure out why that happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably have it that when EQ launches the gamma of the entire screen goes way up and gets super dark, so that it looks good in game, but if you tab out into a webpage its very faded and light. That change is only reflected in how it appears to you on the screen, because it's how the monitor displays it to you, not recorded in an image file. So it isn't reflected when you capture it in video. I turned my gamma way up while watching your video and it got better. (In reality I started EQ and just tabbed out to watch your video)

They way it shows in the video on Youtube, is I believe how it was supposed to look in classic, for races without infravision. I remember people walking blind into entire camps of monsters because they couldn't see. It's only now with turning up the gamma that everything is much easier.
Last edited by Lysander; 01-22-2019 at 12:46 PM..