View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

It's not so much the advocating of the style that is a problem, its the useless negativity and lack of creativity.

If he said thoughtfully "Hey I know you guys really wanna do a PVP server, but here is how u can have just as much fun on a PVE server" we might have a discussion. Instead he speaks from with authority from ignorance and makes himself look sad.

It's difficult to describe the difference between PVP everquest and not PVP. One of them your decisions and pace of play and level of engagement actually matter, and the other one, nothing you do negatively impacts your play experience except corpse retrieval frequency.

In one world your only fear is a froglok that never moves and can't look around corners, in the other world all 500+ other players could potentially be a threat or an ally to you depending on how much of a piece of shit you are.

In red you gear actually matters as your strength relates to other players and effects your ability to help your friends or harm your enemies. On blue it is just pride and vanity.

Red 1 is in a sad state because no statements have been made about it. A lot of players are waiting for a new red to play it, and in the mean time very few new players are going to jump on red when its so close to being fully abandoned by its players (mostly for hope of the future server)

As for me, even if staff said "there will never be another pvp server, play the one you have or STFU" I don't know if I would lean into the current red server. All I have to do is raid and get myself better gear, but that isn't the part of the game that I truly enjoy and if no one else is questing around at level 1-59 there isn't much to do.

I do think that the forum trolls have pretty much won on the messageboard. I don't see any of the active players on red ever posting about their achievements or discussing anything because they know some shithead like tunabros will just make fun of them and call them lame for playing lame for caring lame for having fun or whatever. It would be nice to see a new forum moderator and a new server and have blatant shit posting and bashing stamped down on a bit so that there could be a less shitty community around the pvp server on the next go around.

In any case - I think the legacy item discussion is relevant to all future servers as the implementation is up to the p99 team exclusively and I doubt they were any more happy with the outcome of green server and the list process than anyone else was.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-01-2021 at 05:21 PM..