View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little late to the party, but the wiki has an entire "guide" (really just a large collection of ideas/suggestions) for places to earn plat. Check out the link for the Treasure Hunting Guide in my signature.

But really the best advice is:

EverQuest isn't linear when it comes to plat and XP. In other words, it's not like you can earn 1/6th of what you can earn at level 60 when you're level 10: it's actually a lot less than 1/6th (under ideal conditions a level 60 can make 1k+ an hour, but a level 10 can't even make 1/10th of that, ie. 100 plat/hour).

So, on the one hand this is a game, and you should do whatever is the most fun for you, but on the other hand IF you want to be smart/efficient about gaining power as quickly as possible, you should focus on leveling (and only spending the plat you earn while leveling) as much as you possibly can until you hit 60, and only then farm plat.

P.S. There are a very few exceptions to what I just said, for classes with certain key equipment. Charming classes may want to do a little early plat farming to get a Goblin Ghazugi Ring. because it will save them a lot of leveling time. Similarly a 45 shaman might want to farm a few k so they can afford their JBB. But aside from exceptions like that, it's pretty much always faster to level than to farm plat.
The only useful post from this thread.

Level first then farm plat. EQ is a race of who spends more time. More time spent = better gears/plat. Accelerating the process in accumulating wealth is all about maximizing plat return vs time spent.

You focus on making plat at lvl 20 means you will always be the bottom of income pyramid. The wealth gap between you and avg player will continue to widen day by day.