View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Zepp, sooner or later variance will run into a wall, especially in velious. I've thought about the ass-hattery that would ensue, in fact i've mentioned it repeatedly. But there's ways of getting by that without having to prop up a 4 day window. The fact that they're doing it for free isn't a new concept... i've been here longer than you, friend. I know that they have zero requirement to appease the bitching, but the "is it classic?" argument has been the argument that's been brought up again and again, patch day after patch day. It's the reason p99 exists in the first place. It's a mantra that's spoken at whisper volume that guides the way this server works. When steering away from it you generally had to have a very good reason; what i'm doing is questioning this reason.

Nedala, variance or not, whoever engages first gets the target. Welcome to FTE (first to engage). This doesn't change if there's a smaller or larger window, or a window at all. A guild coming 5 minutes before the spawn has just as much right as one who's been there for 3 days. Variance is independent of FTE. Variance, originally, was introduced to discourage poopsocking and it flat out didn't work. It did for a couple of weeks, but then DA quickly got to poopsocking and IB used the excuse of "if they're doing it, we have to do it too." In fact, it probably goes back even father, but if you want a P99 history lesson this isn't the forum for it.
Last edited by Skope; 06-01-2011 at 01:18 PM..