View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 03:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite is the list something in /auction and instantly /q to rig prices for the auction log

Whenever I send someone a tell immediately after something is listed and they are offline my blood boils

Tunnel rats are in a bad way right now though, I've dealt with some comically broke tunnel rats lately that aren't liquid enough to deal with a few thousand plat and they come up with ridiculous "three jellybeans and a thumbtack" item trades. Economy is totally fucked and tunnel rats are drowning
I have to agree, having played on blue from an early point the prices I am seeing on green literally do not make any sense. Blue had a massively extended timeline between expansions with all kinds of abused exploits to dupe plat, pre-nerf seafuries dropping double ruby crowns and other gems almost every kill, etc, leading to massive plat inflation and even there the prices were lower for most of these "legacy" kunark items than what I am seeing on green for where the current timeline is at. These items are still dropping and these people are trying to ask prices like they have been out of the game for months. Its hilarious.
1 million for a BoTDBE while its still dropping? Get real. it was like 150-200k on blue when it was still dropping, and that was before proc threat was capped and the sword was still busted and overpowered.

I think they overestimate the amount of players with that kind of plat, and those players are likely the ones who are able to camp these items for themselves anyways. There's a few mage farmers out there I'm sure that spent 15 hours a day for several months leading up to kunark grinding giants and seafuries just to amass plat to buy one of these items they want for their fresh iksar alt they were planning to roll but it wasn't as many as they think.