View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I assumed that the mana was off on the spell, that was not the thesis of my argument. I am calling into question the overall attitude of the devs toward the quality of the server when a quick fix is made that only exasperates another significant problem.

I am not interested in further sarcastic, unprofessional responses. Is there a mod/developer that would be willing to give a more thoughful response? It would be appreciated.
The problem is well known. As I stated before, if you are willing to work on the fix, feel free to pull the source code down and go to work. Most of the dev team does not have the time nor skillset to completely teach ourselves C++ from start to finish to be able to modify things of this magnitude.

The thesis of your argument is invalid. You are arguing a point that no one is arguing with you. If you want the melee issues that are present Emu wide to be resolved, please work with those that have the appropriate skill sets to fix them. Complaining in the patch thread is not useful nor conducive to an effective use of dev time spent responding to you.

And lastly, I'm not a professional developer, I do this in my spare time. If you don't want my sarcastic comments, I suggest you work towards finding a fix instead of acting entitled to anything when it comes to anything in the way of an answer. The thesis of your argument is pointless and a waste of time. When we say we are unable to provide a fix at this time, that is the best answer you're going to get. I'm done with this discussion.