View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed.

I think what it all boils down to is that Uthgaard didn't finish reading Jimjam's post. He saw something about a GM ruling, stopped reading/thinking, and replied with a dumb reply.

But look, if you were a GM, and you had read eighteen million posts of people bitching over the (100% legitimate) rulings you've made (while volunteering your time to help people), your brain would very likely do the exact same thing: it would automatically become defensive the moment you see anyone bring up a past ruling, and you'd think "this is just another one of those losers bitching". And even more so if you haven't been around in awhile, and don't know that Jimjam is a stand-up poster.

Clearly Jimjam had no hostility in his original post. But, anyone with a brain ... and especially anyone who appreciates people who volunteer their time, to let us all play on a free 20-year old elf sim ... can forgive Uthgaard for an easy-to-understand mistake (undoubtedly one caused by the trauma of having to deal with all of us losers as a GM).

And at the end of the day, ibso is correct. Everyone here is a loser: we're spending our free time talking about a 20-year old game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you Loramin; I have endless respect for anyone who mained a barbarian shaman in classic (*self dap*). I suggest having found a hobby that brings us so much joy for literal decades, I'm bi winning and so is everyone else!

Edit: the avatar I've been rocking for the past couple of days is actually out of sympathy for Uthgaard and the current staff for the sheer volume of words p1999 must get sent every day (often by me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-20-2019 at 09:34 PM..