Thread: TAK project.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Boxing just sucks. I don't know how else to put it. There are a lot of nice people on TAKP, but most of them are off 3-boxing by themselves. Basically all group content can be boxed easily and even things like the Chardok Royals or the Arena or whatnot. So if you aren't raiding, you are probably playing by yourself. Leveling up 3-boxing sucks.

The other problem with TAKP is the PoP resist system trivializing Velious. Verant's problem was that they gave out a bunch of ridiculously overpowered spells like PBAE stun and mez, and then they had to make the monsters resist them to keep things vaguely challenging, and that totally screwed all nukers. In PoP they changed the resist system to 'let spells basically land, add in charm/mez/snare immunity where needed, and be a lot stingier with giving out stun/mez'. But since TAKP has the PoP resist system in Velious, Enchanters can AE mez 4 red cons with a ~10% resist rate. You can also pacify your way through Sebilis and HS with literally zero risk.

I don't really think the client is a huge issue myself.

The advantages of TAKP: overall class balance is probably better than P99 (except for Enchanter/Cleric for group content). QoL features like the Bazaar and PoK. Raid rotations mean you don't have to get up at 3AM to kill dragons. Generally speaking the population has not been hardened by years of 'competition' and thus is pretty laid back. Luclin/PoP if that's your thing.