Thread: TAK project.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Kobold

When Luclin launches, people will be Mass Group Buffing high level buffs periodically, so new people will be able to god-mode through the lower levels.

We populated zones with packet captured data, so the number of NPCs up on TAKP are the number of NPCs that were up when we snapshot the zone. (usually multiple snapshots) I suppose it's possible a handful of NPCs were killed by guards when we captured the data, but it's not from us just arbitrarily placing NPCs around. Some zones (like Nektulos) just didn't have a lot of NPCs.

P99 is probably a better experience if you're concerned about the early game. I think TAKP really shines in the late game. Sony's ez-modification of the game really began in late Luclin, so we have some of that unfortunately. Also it's fair to say that we do give raid content details more scrutiny because these kinds of projects are never ending triage that will never be 100% finished.

I would be curious to see any evidence for Velious era resist rates though. I think people may be exaggerating the difference.