Thread: TAK project.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
solid aesthetic decisions for a space tend to weed out chaff.

population is actually ideal. 3box limit keeps things sane without boxing your ears. it's far, far more classic. by far the best emu : )
You know an easy way to "weed out the chaff"? Play on your own private server, and then you can box a whole raid! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally though I'm a fan of the "aesthetic decisions" made about the original EQ game, and that game was about players on one account each working together to achieve things, not one player manically ALT+TAB-ing between account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just not challenging in what sense? When I'm three boxing myself and doing everything perfectly I doubt in the same zone p99 would be any different. Relying in other humans on TAKP it gives that same P99 inefficiency. The only difference is that one server has that as permitted behaviour.
Boxing EverQuest is a different game, plain and simple. It's not the game most of us played on live, but there's also nothing wrong with it: it's great that Takp lets people play that game.

However, for most people here playing the single-account game that we played on live years ago matters more for embracing our nostalgia than a hundred "light blue mobs now con green" fixes ... even people like me who boxed on live.

Personally I just wish there was a server with P99's quality and single-account focus, but that let everyone play other classic (in the English sense of the word, not the P99-sense) EverQuest expansions like Luclin and PoP.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-18-2018 at 12:53 PM..