View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their biggest mistake was cancelling EQ Next, it didn't look great as time went on (versus the original SOE trailer) but I think there'd have been a revenue stream from it if they'd done it properly.
EQ Next's debut video on youtube couldn't even muster up a million views on Youtube within a year of its release. That's red flags all over. If a veteran IP can't even gain that while other games in niche franchises can easily break 2 million in a single week, than you have to ask whether or not the IP is worth anything. This is why the buyer of DBG was some financial company from Russia and not a recognizable game publisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon's subreddit looks to be more than half convinced that Pantheon will be dead in six months. Apparently Brad recently scrawled some meandering missive that persuaded even the hardcore that he's back to snorting up budgets.
Lol I wouldn't be surprised. Vanguard taught me a lot. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.