View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What spells are worth keeping memorized and using all throughout the Rangers life? I have to reserve three slots for Flamelick, Root, and Heal, so that leaves 5 spots to dedicate buffs to for frequent reapplication. The only one I'm okay memming and then dropping is Barbcoat because of it's long duration, but what buffs aren't worth using after a certain point?

Right now I'm using Firefist, Skin like Rock, Strength of Earth, SoW, and Shield of Thistles. I don't have Feet Like Cat memorized, and I'm skeptical of Firefist as well.
I haven’t Ranger’d in 15-16 years but for p99 I’d:

Always:

Snare
Root
Heal

Most of the time:

Jolt once you have it
Flame lick for when you want aggro (could argue this is in the always category)

With those 5 you have your bases covered and it leaves you 3 slots for situational spells and buffs. I’d personally keep one slot as my default for swapping in buffs needed less frequently. If outside harmony would stay up.

The beauty of the ranger spell book is in the simplicity. There aren’t a lot of hard decisions to make most of the time and you can get away with having all of your critically important tools mem’d near permanently. This isn’t the case when I play my shaman/necro/Druid or even paladin. Mage is a focused enough class that I can generally get away with only having 1-2 spots for spell swaps. Each has their own “always loaded” list but a lot more spell swapping takes place depending on then situation.

A more seasoned ranger for p99 may have some extra insight to proffer, but the tool kit is pretty straightforward.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2