View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

45ac

I actually lose visible ac when equipping a shield. Shield ac is more potent but from parses I’ve run, hit for hit it’s comparable to wearing a 25 ac shield but end up taking a bit less damage mostly from fewer incoming ripostes.

Pair that with a strong ratio (not great mind you, but strong), 150dd stun proc with a -100 resist mod and nice stats it’s got it all. It looks cool as hell too.

Functional dmg output for now is on par with 27/29 hate blade and will be better after the last patch. It’s both frustrating and nice to have 2 setups that are so evenly matched. For me it’s sword/board when I need to bash casters and 2hander most other times for the mana saving aggro proc and the ability to land most any cast between swings with no loss to white dmg. It’s got that sweet spot delay for spell casts.

It’s good enough I won’t ever be actively working on paladin epic. I personally wouldn’t use any non-ToV or tunare 2hander over it. There are better ratios but let’s be real, we’re talking paladins who don’t put out a ton of dps. More damage from a low dps class is less important than the defensive perks from 45 extra worn ac. As silly as it sounds, it’s my highest worn ac item for now and still will be once I finish my thurg bp to finish the set for my alt.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-13-2019 at 09:28 AM..