View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 PM
Kobold

The fact that you are basing your main on fashion means you are already a pro.

I have both and SK is definitely more fun and versatile. Pal is probably slightly better at tanking, due to buffs/heals, though gear matters a lot more for that comparison. I have an Ogre SK but absolutely regret it fashion wise. Verant/SOE really phoned it in for Ogre fashion. I don't think going Human will have a huge impact on you, (noticeable yes but not existential) and on the plus side there are very few human (or erudite) SKs.

While SKs can solo really well, especially with Kunark snare/fear clickies, I strongly suggest grouping as much as possible to both build up relationships (that's what the game is for, really) and also tanking/pulling skills, plus it lets you show off your fashion. In many situations SKs are the best pullers, thanks to undead lull, fear, snare, fd, insta-invis, pets, and HP/AC, but people have been conditioned to use monks and only consider them most of the time. Which is great for us lazy SKs. :P

For completeness, my Pally is pretty tough to kill, but also pretty boring and repetitive to play. Being able to tank, CH (once) and rez can be super useful in one specific circumstance--a situation in which you generally hope you never find yourself.

On the other hand, SK is more useful in more situations, normal situations, and situations that are more fun to be in, IMHO.