View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've never raided, nor have you ever hit 60 despite having all the time in the world and gear to do it. Yet P99 Blue is easy mode? Beating EQ isn't a thing, but if it was you've never been even close on Blue. You went from being slightly agitating to just being a straight up overly opinionated dick in short order.

Based on comments here you've also never played actual vanilla EQ back in 1999/2000. There's nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't normally point that out about a P99 player but stop acting like some sort of authority on EQ when you clearly know and have experienced only a fraction of the game both during and out of era.

I played EQ from 1999 to 2004 when WoW was released. That doesn't make me special but my point here is that I know what Velious era EQ was like. By Velious, guess what? My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99. Characters were twinked, I had millions of plat by trading in EC. The main difference was that most of the larger tradeable items from Velious era raids were not really circulating on the open market until the beginning of Luclin and fewer of the high end raiders had enough time to earn BiS no drop raid gear. P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious and if you had actually played during that era and made it to the end game you'd have a fucking clue.

Green is great. I'm glad it's a thing. It is making quite a few people happy. It's bringing out the worst in pricks like you though, for whatever reason.
As someone who also played from 2000-2003 era I concur with this statement. Blue is pretty damn close to the original experience, with the only exception being the abundance of gear on the EC market and prices, but that is to be expected. No one should be surprised at Blue's population, Green isnt even a week old. However, I suspect Blue population will rebound (not fully) within a month or so. Personally, I think Blue taking a population hit is a GOOD thing
Last edited by walfreyydo; 10-30-2019 at 08:56 AM..