View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Default Incorrect Wiki Dates and fighting depression

Hey guys, I have been a part of this community off and on over the years, so I already know what I am basically getting into by posting this, but usually the one or two decent people I hear from sometimes helps to ease the pain.

I unfortunately found out about P99 Green super late (April) and one of the things that pulled me in was the chance for me to loot a Guise of the Deceiver on my dream warrior.

I second guessed myself on if it would be worth it or not to join this late with the goal of looting a legacy item, but after reading the wiki for Green it specifically had May 2020 crossed out and June 2020 filled in for the Temple of Solusek Ro / Legacy item removal date.

I know many of you are going to say that these were just estimates and fair enough, but I used that post as the basis for starting on this game once again and now after dragging some friends and family along I really feel like a complete failure.

I am not trying to make this a sob story, but I know that at least one of the posts responding to this thread will most likely say "There is always next server." or Green 2.0, but unfortunately due to my health (I don't want to get into specifics and get trolled) There is a decent chance I may not be around when the next server comes out.

So basically, this post is not meant to cry, bitch and complain. I just really needed somewhere to vent. Because as sad as it may seem, having a maxed out warrior with a Guise was one of my bucket list dreams to make happen. Now that it is setting in that I most likely will not be able to accomplish that dream in the future, I have kind of fallen into a depression.

At this point, because my friend and sister are getting into the game, now I really feel guilty because I have lost almost all of my motivation to keep playing the game, at least for now. I am sure with time I will eventually get over it, but still I wanted to come here to talk about it because sometimes it makes me feel better.

So basically, I am trying to find things in the future (not super distant) that I can look forward to that might be around the same level of accomplishment as a Guise? Are there any fancy list items coming in Kunark that are comparable?

I really don't know how to feel about this. I am thankful that this free server is here for us to experience classic EQ on, but that date specifically being crossed out and getting, I am sure, a large number of people's hopes up that they still had a chance to loot a legacy item, just for that rug to be pulled out from under us really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

If I would of just found out about the server when most of you did, I would 100% have my goals accomplished. Sometimes in life though, you just get really unlucky I guess.

My poor sister who has been helping me along the way said "Fuck it, make two warriors!" It literally brought a tear to my eye the lengths she would go to see me happy.

So yeah, I am a sad boi. I need something to help numb the pain. Dabs and medication not doing the trick as usual.

I am gonna forget about this stupid mask and come back to loving the game again soon, right guys? I sure hope so.
Last edited by Yacoby44; 05-04-2020 at 03:15 PM..