View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

You also have to break into hate or sneak up there for the Rogue epic. When ALS did my epic, we weren't strong enough as a guild to consistently break into Hate, so I did it the sneaky thieving way, which honestly did feel like a pretty epic roguey thing to do.

Ah, memories. We had a 24 man raid force for General V`Gheera, and our main tank was level 53 with like 4000 buffed HP. We ended up running a 3 second chain to keep him up during the fight and succeeded on our second try.

I would be a little surprised if Rogue epics weren't relatively common back in the day. Once someone figures out the quest and the details are online, its not too hard. I would be surprised if people were completing it with 6-10 people or buying MQs on live back in classic, but I would expect most good sized guilds should be able to do what ALS did here.

ALS kept a list of our epics in order on blue, which I thought was kind of interesting since it pretty clearly showed how hard it was to do the different types (though also some amount of how popular classes were). Order of completion
for first epic of each type was:
Rogue (1)
Ranger (Swiftwind) (3)
Monk (4)
Druid (6)
Cleric (7)
Shaman (8)
Enchanter (9)
Necromancer (16)
Ranger (Earthcaller) (19)
Paladin (21)
Shadowknight (30)
Wizard (32)
Warrior (48)
Bard (60)

And, to bring us back around to the topic at hand, ALS never got a Mage epic.