View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's another question for Tekilya to try and squirm out of answering: If the roll is based on which guild brings more people to the raid, why is that a good thing? What's to stop one guild from just bringing 100 undergeared, underskilled players who are all a less useful class for the fight? Is a system that encourages guilds to stack the numbers by bringing 20 enchanters to a Statue fight really a great way to avoid the zerging and warm bodying that your guild accuses BDA of?
These are consensual alliances. If someone was to start loading the numbers by bringing a lot of useless characters that might work once or twice but would soon become apparent and they would start losing invitations to ally. This is a social game and not everyone is looking to screw another guild and lose its rep for an increased shot at one bp roll. Its also not difficult to say "55+ for this raid" to get a strong force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, if you're the number 1 dkp guy in Asgard, and you're at the Statue raid for a breastplate, and the roll lands on Forsaken getting the breastplate, that's kind of a fuck you. The Forsaken guy who's getting the breastplate may have half the dkp you have. Right?

insert bad numbers example here
Thats just not realistic. Each guild awards dkp differently so total number isnt a great measure. 100 dkp might be worth far more or far less depending on how a guild calculates it. Secondly, these are mutually agreed upon because they are mutually beneficial. Sure, your guild gets only a cut of the loot, but you get a cut you would never have had any chance at at all. If your guild can kill the mob by itself nobody is forcing you to ally for kills 24/7. Its a convenient setup if you ask me to be allied with others.

The social intelligence of many posters seems to be fairly low and they just cant grasp this. Reading the posts on this board reminds me how bad of an idea it is to have the vast majority of you deliberate on who gets what loot. That sounds awful. Should I kiss their ring afterwards?