View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to be rude, but why did this fix take 6 years?
This didn't really fix anything though. Bards can still pull as many mobs as they want. All this patch did was eliminate a part of the game that was kinda fun. The possibility of AoE grps.

I don't mind if they made it completely impossible for bards to solo. I like grouping 100x more and rarely swarm kite. With that said, I still don't get why people think this is a good fix. Its definitely a step in the right direction, but imo doesn't fix the root problem. It breaks other parts of the game in an attempt to fix another thing and that is never good.

You can even argue it makes the swarming problem worse, in that its taking mobs away from other players for a longer duration. The pulling bard can still pull 100 mobs, it just takes longer to kill, which in turn leaves more mobs in their swarm, which means less mobs for others for a longer time period.

/* edit
Theres also only about two zones where this is a problem. DL and OT. Well, Oasis too. The oasis should be a concern as its a lowbie zone and that actually does suck when a bard goes and sweeps the entire zone. Make swarming in Oasis suspendable. I've personally never swarmed here and never would, but have xp'd here while a bard was doing it and sucked. As for DL/OT - Can't bards get one zone to do their thing in?
edit */

All i'm trying to do is give constructive criticism which I think the owners of this server appreciate? hopefully? If they dont want bards soloing that badly, just make it punishable or something. Don't take away from other classes in the process.
Last edited by getoffmylawn; 11-02-2016 at 11:23 PM..