View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Guys, GlassDeviant is either a troll or extremely confused; he doesn't need Titanium. As we learned in a different thread, he's set up his own EQ Emulator, but for some bizarre reason he's posting here, not understanding that P99 has nothing whatsoever to do with his own personal installation (other than the fact that it also uses EQ Emulator).

EDIT: Oh, he actually says as much in this thread too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDeviant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyhow, I only run this locally for now and the guide I used for setup (which told me where to get that eqemu_installer_files.zip file) said to use anything from UF to RoF2, so I went with RoF2. I guess I will repost the question over at eqemu forums, as I am only interested in running my own server, whether or not I let anyone else on it.
GlassDeviant: This shouldn't be so hard to understand: your posts belong on the EQ Emulator forum, not here. This forum has nothing to do with private EQ Emulator installations (or any EQ Emulator installations except the Red an Blue P99 servers).

In all honesty, if you can't grasp the distinction between a piece of software and a server that runs that software, I'm not sure you have the necessary technical skills to setup your own EQ Emulator instance, just because it's a fairly technical process. But if you have any chance of learning, it's on EQ Emulator sites, not here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2018 at 12:51 PM..