View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering how well ginger would work as a regular energy supplement instead of my 1-2 energy drink habit.

Anti-inflammatory.
Anti-oxidant.
Vasodilation, lowers blood pressure.
Improves insulin sensitivity, by slowing glucose release into blood stream.

I’m not seeing where the stimulant effect is.

Granted, I realize I’m pushing into areas I know nothing about. Like, physiologically, what gives us the psychological feeling of energy? Is “energy” all psychological? That would make sense: body giving feeedback on available resources.

Like ginger looks like a sedative on paper, but it feels like a stimulant mentally.

What’s cool about ginger is it’s a non-diuretic stimulant. I wanna see if I can find more of those.
I'm not sure there is any human stimulant property in ginger. There was an old study done on guinea pigs showing Gingerol exhibiting positive inotropic and chronotropic effects. No human trials that I know of. But, I couldn't think of a better herb to supplement energy drinks with than ginger.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.