View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 12:04 PM
Kobold

Angry Why am I on brain detail?

several years ago I was riding my 125CC motorbike down a busy two lane country road when I passed something small moving in the middle of the road.

My first instinct was to keep riding for several reasons; I didn't want to see a half squashed animal, I didn't want another mouth to feed and my landllord would make my life a living hell for havingt a cat in the house.

I decided to stop though and go back.

Nobody else was stopping to help and this creature was inches from wheels passing by.

I went towards it and pulled over on the side of the road and it was at this point I discovered it was a kitten that had somehow managed to get stranded right in the middle of the road. I presumed it lived in a bush just off the road but I didn't see any other cats around.

So I waited for a break in the traffic and walked quickly to the middle of the road and picked it up put it under my jacket then got back on my motorbike, which I learned to ride watching a YouTube video, and got out of there as quickly as possible. I felt vulnerable because traffic was whizzing by and some of the vehicles were huge because the road is a route to the quarry where trucks load up and drive to a ship.

I got the cat back to my house and then I went and asked a local cat lady for money to take the kitten to the vet because it looked injured.

She gave me 50 Euro which I spent at the vet who said 'bruised but not broken' and I thought it stupid that I had to pay a man 50 euro to tell me that.

I decided to go out for a beer at the local bar after I dropped the cat off at the house again and I met a drinking buddy there who I told the story to.

After the beer I went home and then I got a call from the drinking buddy who told me he was willing to take the kitten off my hands because he had just lost his cat to old age and it would be nice for his girlfriend too who loves cats.

So anyway, he comes around and takes the kitten off my hands and for several years I kind of felt like he did me a favour but now I'm thinking...hold on...back up...woah there horsey...

I didn't see him on that road risking his life to save a kitten so why is he getting the peck on the cheek from the petite blonde girl instead of me?

Why does he have a convertible Audi and I'm walking?

I did something AMAZING.

I risked my life to rescue something priceless so whre is my blonde GF and convertible car?

I didn't do it for that reason because I wasn't thinking like this back then.

But thinking about it now...

It doesn't make sense.

Every time that girl looks at the cat she should think of me.

A few years later the same drinking buddy came to my house but I was no longer his drinking buddy because I had given up the booze. He tried to convince me to go out and get drunk with him but I stood my ground. He also told me his GF cheated on him with a swedish dude. He called her a dirty little tramp.

A bit later a friend came to my house and he told me that he was having a little party at his house to celebrate boxing day and he said I had no choice. He told me there would be food and weed and that he would pick me up so he was very persuasive.

On boxing day he picked me up. Later on at his ahouse I was on the sofa and he was in the kitchen preparing stuff for guests when there was a knock at the door and he asked me to get it for him so I did and to my amazement it was her. She sat next to me and all of a sudden my dull life was much brighter with her next to me.

I was high as a kite after doing a bong before she arrived. I wanted to go home with her. I knew she had a car and I made mention the buses weren't running hoping she would offer me a lift home but she didm't. I kept dropping hints on how I needed a lift home but she gave me nothing and I thought she had a heart of stone because she got up after 30 minutes to go to another party and left me there on my own and I had to walk 5 miles home by myself. I was gutted.

That was the last I saw of her; it's been 5 years this boxing day.

I contacted her on instagram anonymously one of the years and I said some bad things and then a year after that I contacted her again on instagram and said some bad things again but I told her who I was instead of being anon. It was at this stage in my life that I was smoking hashish from a pipe and this hashish was highly potent.

Anyway, I've decided not to contact her again because I've decided not to chase; do you know why? I realised very recently, years after the event, that I saved a kitten.

People who do things like that don't need to beg for people to like them.