View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

yeah, I thought about that, but then I'd have to invest my time in learning unity, which isn't really transferrable and i find most of the things i want to do are easier to just write then find a way of integrating with unity. It's probably just a lack of familiarity, but liek for example with the animator I wanted to figure out how to animate a sprite sheet once and swap out textures for different armors and stuff. It's super simple to write on its own, but in unity, you have the interface where you plug all your cells and the animator class doesn't allow acces to the images (get/readonly iirc), so I'd have to work some weird IO magic on the side to swap the files or something goofy. whereas with monogame I can just uniform animations based on my sprite sheets and then swap/layer as I liek ^^ also I would have to stop coding and get to working on more art/content and I am currently super limited on time.

you might be right though, it may be a better route, it i don't feel I would learn as much and may end up spending a bunch of time to build a poorly functioning game on a proprietary platform without having learned much about creating software. I've been working with monogame and am happy with what it allows me to do without diving too low or being too removed. ^^