View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Orc

I definitely relate to the OP. I know many do. To think that in 2 days Vulak went down on green is crazy. I mean on one hand that's amazing feat by ST! On the other hand, it shows how much prior knowledge there is and how trivialized the content has become with it. I've loved spending time in Kunark duoing camps in HS, Seb etc, pushing my own limits soloing, etc. However, Velious doesn't leave a lot open as far as I can tell for that sort of play style. The raiding/gearing/progression that made Velious special in the original expansion to get to the NTOV/ST stuff was the whole experience, which is unfortunately no longer possible and content will be locked down indefinitely now. I play mostly for nostalgia and the experience, but if I wanted to play to experience content I missed out on originally, other than joining one of like 2 guilds on green and having to play very aggressively (which I just don't have room in my life for), I don't have much hope of experiencing that raid content. Maybe some of the bigger guilds will look to bring back some open raids for those that want to experience the encounters but don't care about loot? Looking to blue, I still don't understand how to this day people are still heavily competing for raid mobs, but everyone plays this for different reasons!