View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here is you are alleging poor performance was the issue, and hence would fall in the same category of all the other thigns that shouldnt be going on like brds swarm kitting dozens of mobs which no one could do due to server instablity but we have a stable server here now so we have to deal with it.
I kited 100+ mobs as a Bard until AE was nerfed. Both Chardok AE and Bard AE kiting were nerfed using the "modern technology/stability" argument. I think Channeling should be as well and if Enchanter really has no impact from this in terms of their OP charming then so be it. My experiencing playing an Enchanter though tells me it will make a major difference even with AE stun. At a minimum it will require using the stuns/mana whereas right now I just eat damage, cast through it, and regen with illusion between fights.

Also the story about Estrella is accurate. Enchanter charm is disruptive to others as it allows trivializing content and disruption. Last time I posted this thread I was told to "play an enchanter before you assume it's so easy." Well, I'm playing one now and it's even more overpowered than I thought at first and just as easy.

So we have the same reasoning to nerf channeling or charm as existed to nerf AE spells.
Last edited by azxten; 09-28-2020 at 02:37 PM..