View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Okay so

1. Enchanter is easy , the only real challenge on a fundamental level is having Gina triggers to notify you of a charm break. It take a look at any enchanter who solos chardok unironically. Doesnt get any easier than that.

2. Yes enchanters are broken. I can solo 95% of group content as an enchanter and 90% of that is doable without any excessive level of gear. I solo chottals that are sitting up at random times. I can go down and solo a khelkar before bed. I can solo the drusella camp for 12+ hours semi afk including the drusella kill herself. Shit, weve recently seen 2 enchanters who solod fungi king. I intentionally decline all group offers but it's literally not worth the enchanters time to carry over half the weight of a group with their charm pet and then split the profits. Enchanters are also S tier at combat manipulation. I can literally pull 10 mobs, catch them all with my pet and mezzes, lull/blur the ones I didnt want and then fight the target solo while the rest just go home. In most situations this is faster than any monk or necro could split. Some arguement can be made that enchanters are lumped in with the dkp farmer classes like (afk non racing bard, necro , wizard. druid, alt rogues) because they have little use in a raid environment so you can argue that mayhe this is their "balance"? Idk. However this is a small portion of the game. Plus enchanters who raid solely on enchanters are usually the trash tier kind that only know how to buff so it's best to not become one of those in first place. They're one of the best cure shield holders though! Lol

3. OP sounds like he doesnt know how to play enchanter or is doing content that is trivial innately. Not using stuns is stupid. Stunning a mob is so so sooo much better than eating the damage , reacting your rune then regenning up (I assume you dont have ring 10 , aob or zland heart since you're actually using troll illusion). Animation pets are okay for content that doesnt warrant just charming something to squash it faster then ditching your pet, like xicotl in MM or something.

4. The only reason there are 9000 iksar monk mains and not 9000 high elf enchanter mains is because doing 90dps with a stick is more fun than doing 200dps with a pet frog apparently
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by enjchanter; 09-28-2020 at 07:06 PM..